MMK #1- Closing & Public Event
On 26th of December 2014, forumZFD – Kosovo Program, Alter Habitus – Institute for Studies in Society and Culture, and Institute for Social Studies and Humanities, University of Prishtina organized the Closing & public event for the Memory Mapping Kosovo project.
Closing and Public event aimed at presenting the “Memory Mapping Kosovo” achievements and annual work on the field of memory and memorialization in Kosovo, and all complementary processes of that regard.
Presentations were focused on the experiences and perspectives of direct participants in the project, according to the topics of project ateliers. Below see the presenting composition:
- Contested Memories: Between the Materiality, Textuality and Performativity of the Past – Erla Gjinishi / Jeta Rexha
- Private and Public Memory – Between Archive and Participation – Bujar Aruqaj
- Spaces of the State: From Socialism to Parallel Education – Egzon Osmanaj
- Spaces of the State: From Socialism to Post-War Heritage – Fjollë Caka/Venera Čočaj
Speakers of this event were atelier facilitators & topic related academics:
- Nita Luci (PhD in Cultural Anthropology from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor – USA and lecturer at the University of Prishtina.)
- Hajrulla Ceku (MA in Comparative Local Development in University of Trento – Italy and Executive Director of Ec Ma Ndryshe)
- Eli Krasniqi (PhD candidate in History and Social Anthropology at Karl Franzens University of Graz & Feminist Activist)
The closing & public event of the “Memory Mapping Kosovo” was followed by a certificate awarding ceremony for direct participants in the project, exhibition with photography taken during the project ateliers and follow-up activities (site visits & workshops) followed by a reception buffet.
This event was announced at, and reported on local and national television, press and electronic media.