Closing event: Memory Mapping Kosovo#2 – 2015
10 January 2016
On Dec. 23rd, 2015, starting from 17.00 at Dit’ e Nat’, forumZFD – Kosovo Program, University Program for Gender Studies and Research, University of Prishtina and Alter Habitus – Institute for Studies in Society and Culture organized the Public and Closing Ceremony for the Memory Mapping Kosovo#2 project.
In this event, project participants on one hand and facilitators of workshops on the other, in an interactive fashion, presented and discussed around 4 different topics concerning memory and the past in Kosovo, which were focus of the project Memory Mapping Kosovo during the course of activities in 2015.
These were the topics presented in groups:
- League of Prizren between Occident and the Orient: History, Heritage and Politics – Endrit Bytyqi/Fisnik Abazi
- Mitrovica – A social history of a city: Labor, culture, and politics – Fjollë Caka/Gentian Berbati
- Survivors and victims of rape-in-war, memorialization, and art – Jeta Rexha/Trina Binaku/Venera Cocaj
- Rise and fall of peaceful resistance in Kosova; 1990 – 1999 – Lirika Demiri/Ramadan Sokoli
Atelier facilitators present in the event were:
- Dr. Vjollca Krasniqi – Sociologist and lecturer at the University of Prishtina
- Linda Gusia – PhD candidate – Sociologist and lecturer at the University of Pristina
Presentations and discussions were moderated by Arben Ahmeti.
The Public and Closing Ceremony for the Memory Mapping Kosovo#2 project was followed by a cocktail, in which case, facilitators delivered certificates of MMK participation.